When you subscribe to Disney Plus, you get access to a huge library of legacy Disney content (both television and film) and modern franchises like Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, and more. There’s also original content like the new Star Wars series “The Mandalorian.”
How to get Disney Plus on your Roku player
You can easily add the Disney Plus channel on any compatible Roku player (see the section below for details on which Roku models are compatible with the service).
1. Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
2. Scroll to “Streaming Channels” and then press “OK.”
3. Scroll to “Search Channels” and press “OK.”
4. Type “Disney.” When you see Disney Plus appear in the list on the right, select it.
5. Select “Add channel.” If required, enter your Roku PIN to install it.
6. Press the Home button. Find Disney Plus in your channel list and start the channel.
7. Follow the directions to sign up for your free trial. You’ll need to enter your email address and agree to the terms of the subscription.
8. The last step will be to enter your Roku PIN to activate your free trial. At the end of the trial, you’ll automatically be billed $6.99 per month for the service.
You can get Disney Plus on most Roku devices, but not all of them
Specifically, you can get Disney Plus on all Roku TVs, Roku Streaming Stick, 4K Roku Streaming Stick+, 4K Roku Ultra LT, 4K Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere and Premiere +, Roku Express and Express+, and most numbered Roku devices (like the Roku 1, Roku 2, and so on).
As long as you have a newer Roku with updated software, you should be able to get Disney Plus.
Here are the only Roku devices that are not able to play Disney Plus:
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku HD model 2500X
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
NOW WATCH: Why electric planes haven’t taken off yet
Continue Reading at Business Insider